We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. We want our App to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and related laws, we have a legal duty to protect the personal information we collect from you.
2. The types of personal information we collect and how we collect it:
- Information you provide when taking part in a poll or survey run in the App: if you take part in a poll or survey run in the App we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the poll or survey.
- Demographic and other data: the App uses tracking technology to collect information about your use of our App, information about your device such as your device ID, IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the App via a link from a site other than the relevant App Store, the URL of the linking page. It may also collect your name and email address. The data collected through tracking technology may be transferred to third parties.
- Email communications: we may use web beacons in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. Our web beacons don’t store any information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened an email from us. We may keep track of the emails that we send you. We also keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt out of receiving such emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
3. How we use the information that we collect
The relevant App Store owns the information it collects when you download this App through the App Store. They may share some of that information with us, depending on the selections you have made. We will use it, as applicable, to:
- provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services that you have ordered, such as Apps and subscriptions to Apps
- inform you if you have won a prize
- monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this App
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the App, enforce our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint
- send you promotional materials or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify us of this as part of the App Store registration process and/or App purchase process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive or by amending your marketing preferences, normally in the App Store account management section
- for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
4. Who we may share your personal information with:
Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, App analysis, and data analysis. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so.
Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and App usage statistics, with funders, advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
Third Party Analytics Services: we may use the Google Analytics, Flurry or other analytics services to anonymously collect and analyse which pages of the App are viewed and for how long and which links are followed, so that we can provide more content which is of interest to you.
5. Maintenance and storage of information
In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. We shall be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any of your information on servers owned and maintained by or on behalf of the Oxchange management team.
7. Policy changes
8. Questions about this App and the information we hold about you
If you have any general questions about this App or the information we have collected about you and how we use it, you can contact us at [email protected]. If you have any questions about your information including what we hold and how it is used, you can contact us at [email protected]. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
The safety of our users is very important to us. There are steps that everyone can follow to ensure their safety while using Oxchange. Please take a few minutes to read these tips.
Keep your personal information
You are in control of your Oxchange experience at all times. Be careful about sharing personal information, such as your full name, phone number, email and address. Protect your identity until you are comfortable enough with someone to share it. Also, leave any personal contact information out of your Oxchange profile and use the in-app messaging function to contact other users.
Note: Oxchange will never send you an email asking for your username and password information. Any such communication should be reported immediately.
- Asking you for money or donations
- Anyone that looks like they could be under the age of 18 or not an Oxford student
- Users sending harassing or offensive messages
- Users behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
- Fraudulent profiles
- Spam or solicitation, such as attempts to sell products or services
You can contact the Oxchange team at [email protected].
Meeting In Person
The whole mission of Oxchange is to get our users to connect and meet up in and around the community of Oxford. Always take precautions and follow these guidelines to help you stay safe:
Get to know the other person before meeting them offline
Get to know someone through chat before disclosing personal information or meeting in person. All users are Oxford students, but we don't conduct background checks on our users, so it’s up to you to do your own research and remain cautious.
Always meet in public
Meet for the first time in a populated, public place – never in a private or remote location, and never at your home.
Tell a friend of your plans
Tell them who you are meeting, where you are going and when you will return.